Home of the Jeffers Jets!
The first school in Adams
Township was established in Atlantic Mine in 1871.
However, records of faculty and students were not kept
until 1884. It was in 1891 that the Adams Township
School Board hired Fred A. Jeffers to be principal.
On August 25, 1894, Fred A.
Jeffers and Cora Doolittle, his classmate from the
Michigan Normal School in Ypsilanti, Michigan (now
Eastern Michigan University) were married. They had
graduated together in 1891. Fred became Superintendent
and Cora Principal of the Adams Township School District
(ATSD) in September 1894. They would serve in these
capacities together for 55 years until the passing of
Mrs. Jeffers on March 29, 1948, two days before her 78th